Hi friends, welcome back, hope you’re all staying healthy! Jon and I got a little fresh air this weekend on our walk and were surprised not to hear one car horn. It was eerily quiet and desolate, it seems like the city is taking this quarantine seriously. Jon and I are looking forward to life going back to a new normal and being able to go out and explore again. We’ve run out of ice cream in our apartment and I’ve been dreaming of going out for ice cream when we are able to! Today I thought it would be fun to share my five favorite ice cream shops in the city, hopefully they will be opening up soon!
- Big Gay Ice Cream – I’ve talked about this place so many times on the blog and it’s the first place I’m going to once this quarantine is over! The ice cream is so thick and creamy and highly exceeded my expectations. They have a lot of unique ice cream cones as well that I’m looking forward to trying!
- Milk & Cereal Bar – This ice cream was the full package for me! A standard ice cream comes with a lot of ice cream, a topping, mix-in, and a drizzle. This place is always busy and the different options seem endless! I can’t wait to go back and try more 🙂
- Emack & Bolio – This ice cream shop is very cool and unique with so many different flavors and one of a kind cones. I want to go back and get one of the Oreo covered cones with a new flavor. The ice cream is also made with the highest quality ingredients so you can feel a little better about eating the massive scoops 😉
- Morgenstern – I loved Morgenstern because it was like an old-fashioned ice cream parlor with more basic flavors, but extremely great quality ice cream. This place was super busy and for good reason! If you’re looking for some good, old-fashioned ice cream, Morgenstern is the place to go!
- Milk Bar – I went here for the cake but fell in love with the ice cream! It was so thick and creamy without being heavy and making you feel gross. This was the perfect treat with a little funfetti cake and a cool atmosphere!
What’s your favorite ice cream shop? I love trying out new ice cream shops, especially when I’m travelling so I would love any and all recommendations 🙂