Hi friends, welcome back! Can you believe it will be August next week?! This weekend Jon and I are escaping the city for one last hurrah (and to celebrate my birthday), before my tax busy season officially starts. This is our first time getting out since February and we are both so excited! Our weekend will be filled with hiking (check out my bucket list here), yummy eats, and lots of fresh air! Fingers crossed the weather holds up. Not too much is new for us, it’s so hot in the city so we have been staying in the a/c and haven’t been exploring or out to dinner much. Hopefully soon we will have a car and can hike on the weekends.
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: we got some delicious sushi one weekend, and I have been making some yummy margaritas (2oz tequila, 1oz triple sec, 1oz lime juice). We dined out at Anejo for Jon’s birthday, and it was delicious!
- What I’m reminiscing about: spending my birthday last year in Michigan with my family! We had a jam-packed weekend in Michigan celebrating my birthday, a friend’s wedding, and Jon’s family golf outing.
- What I’m loving: I’m still obsessed with the Peloton app! I just reached the century club for yoga classes and have also been loving the HIIT and ab classes. Jon and I are getting our Peloton bike delivered late August and are very excited! If you have the app I’m under the username: lyssyinthecity
- What I’m dreading: busy season and 55-hour work weeks 🙁
- What I’m Up to: lots of yoga and reading. It’s so hot on the weekends that we have zero motivation to go outside.
- What I’m working on: now that fall is around the corner, I am starting to put together a list of wineries and cider mills we can visit and indulge in all things fall 🙂 This picture is from the last time I was at a winery and right before Jon proposed <3
- What I’m excited about: our weekend away! I am also excited that fall is coming soon, I’m not a fan of these hot temperatures and I’m excited to decorate for the holidays!
- What I’m watching: Jon and I are currently watching Ozark and Arrested Development when we need something quick/light! Ozark is a little dark for me, but it’s still a great show.
- What I’m reading been reading so much this quarantine – I finished three books since my last what’s up post!! I love curling up with my book and a cup of coffee on the weekend. I finished Everything I Never Told You and enjoyed that. My favorite book of the month was Educated. I absolutely loved it and had a hard time putting the book down! I also read The Tattooist of Auschwitz and thought it was such a great story. The book was a quick read and also very interesting. I am now reading Where The Crawdad Sings and am just starting to get into it.
- What I’m listening to: Jon and I watched Hamilton on Disney+ this weekend, so we have been listening to the soundtrack 🙂 I will say, it was nice to be able to see it again, but you truly can’t replicate the theatre experience.
- What I’m doing this weekend: Jon and I are heading to Lake Placid, NY! I am also turning 27 so that’s exciting too!
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Putting up the Halloween decorations 🙂 I got a few new things this year so come back in October for a spooky apartment tour 😉