Hi friends, welcome back! It’s so crazy how last month when I wrote this post I had just come back from Miami and now I’ve been social distancing in my apartment for a week and a half! I’m wishing for an end to this soon, it feels like we are living in some alternate reality. I hope you’re all staying safe, healthy, and finding some positivity in light of this. I’m thankful that I get to spend more time with Jon during my busy season, but I miss our coffee dates and being able to go for a walk or try new restaurants. I know that this too shall pass, and hopefully the next month when I’m writing this post the world will have made great strides with this virus.
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: now that we are staying inside, I’ve been having lots of naan bread pizzas (I’m not looking forward to the day we run out of naans), my dig inn bowl, and white cheddar pop corners. A few weeks ago we got ice cream at Big Gay Ice Creamand I’ve been craving it ever since!
- What I’m reminiscing about: being able to go out to eat and get coffee, Jon and I were in such a groove of trying out new places. I know soon enough we will be able to have our coffee dates, I should use this time to start stock piling a list of all the places in NYC I want to try. Do you guys have any recommendations?
- What I’m loving: spending all this time with Jon. I like to joke this is our final test of marriage 😉
- What I’m dreading: most likely postponing our honeymoon in Italy 🙁 I’ve been dreaming about going for two and a half years so it’s heart breaking to have to wait even longer. I know in the grand scheme of things Italy will always be there for me, so I shouldn’t risk my health and put ourselves in a possible unsafe situation that can easily be avoided. We also want to be able to enjoy our honey moon without having to worry about getting sick or sites like the Vatican being closed. The time will come when we get to go on our trip and I know it’ll be worth it!
- What I’m Up to: I’m still in busy season so I’ve been pretty busy working, but we haven’t been up to too much the last two weekends. Maybe we will start some spring cleaning now that we are starting to need room for wedding presents.
- What I’m working on: trying to stay positive with all this craziness! This is not how I imagined the three months leading up to my wedding would be, but I know it’ll all work out in the end
- What I’m excited about: finishing busy season soon! I’ve been working 55 hours since the end of January and it gets quite exhausting. I can’t wait to have free time after work to read, blog, or try a new recipe!
- What I’m watching/reading: I’m still reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle – I promise I’m almost done! Next month I’ll have a new book haha! Jon and I started watching Bosch on Amazon Prime and we’re hooked! My mom introduced me to it when I was home a month ago, and we’ve all been bingeing it! It’s a cop show based off a book series so it has a great story line and developed characters, we would all highly recommend!
- What I’m listening to: whatever comes up on my YouTube
- What I’m doing this weekend: Spring cleaning I think and writing some blog posts
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Hopefully I’ll be heading to Michigan for my wedding shower early May. I’m also looking forward a trip with Jon to Newport, Rhode Island for Memorial Day Weekend. This is our last planned trip before the wedding and where we are going to do our private vows.