Hi friends, welcome back! One of my 2021 goals is to make two new recipes a month, I’m putting it into the blogosphere to hold myself accountable and to let you know I’ll have some yummy recipes posted more frequently! I’m a big foodie so I’m excited to spend more quality time with Jon in the kitchen.
I recently discovered Half Baked Harvest on Instagram through my friend Rachel, and I was drooling after scrolling through her feed! She has so many recipes and the most beautiful pictures to go along with them! I saw her Crunch Wrap Supreme recipe and knew I absolutely needed to make it! All it took was one glance at a picture of the wrap to get Jon on board! We pulled up the recipe online, added the ingredients to our amazon grocery order, and planned a day to make it.
Ingredients (we made a few modifications based on what we had, but the full recipe is here):
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken, beef, or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons chipotle chili powder to your taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Crunch Wrap Necessities:
- 6 tostadas (or you can make your own with corn tortillas)
- 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 large (burrito size) tortillas
- 6 mini taco size tortillas
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Guacamole/avocado, salsa, hot sauce, etc. for dipping or added flavor
Directions (you can get the full directions here):
- In a pan on high heat, add the olive oil, ground turkey, and onion. Once the meat is browned, add in the taco seasoning along with ¾ cup water and let simmer until the sauce has been mostly absorbed into the meat. Once complete, remove from heat
- In the microwave, heat one large tortilla for 20 seconds and brush with a little water to soften it for folding
- Scoop a serving of ground turkey into the center of the large tortilla
- Sprinkle some cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese cubes to your liking on top
- Add a tostada coated in plain Greek yogurt on top of the ground turkey and cheese
- Place a mini taco tortilla on top of the cheese (and any other toppings you prefer) and then gently fold/wrap the edges of the large tortilla
- On medium heat, place the wraps in a pan and cook a few minutes on each side until it’s a nice golden brown (ours heated a little fast so be careful!) and then cut in half to see your crunch wrap in all its glory!
- Enjoy with some guacamole and any other sides you like 🙂
The taco seasoning spices in this recipe were amazing! We are going to use this combination going forward instead of buying premade seasoning.
Jon and I LOVED this crunch wrap supreme! It was incredibly delicious and a lot easier to make than I anticipated. The ingredient list may look daunting, but it is mostly spices for the taco seasoning, so don’t be afraid! I can definitely see us making this recipe quite frequently, it’s that good! This recipe is incredibly versatile and easily customizable for any dietary needs!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and are inspired to give it a try yourself! I am a rookie in the kitchen, but this recipe was super simple! I posted a picture of my Crunch Wrap Supreme on my Instagram story, and Tiegan from Half Baked Harvest messaged me to say thanks for sharing her recipe! I thought that was so awesome that she took the time to thank me, especially because she has over 2.5M Instagram followers. All in all, I’d highly recommend this Crunch Wrap Supreme and I’ll be making more Half Baked Harvest recipes this year!
Disclaimer: this recipe is from Half Baked Harvest, all words and pictures are my own
15 thoughts on “Half Baked Harvest Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe”
Looks amazing thanks to your excellent photography. And thanks for sharing the recipe!!
Looks delicious! I may need to try this recipe.
Yes!! Let me know if you do 🙂
I made this tonight for dinner, it was delicious! Thanks for posting it!
Yay!! So glad you liked it!! 😀
Oh lord, this looks delish!!
Yes!! You’ll have to try it!
Try her “Croque Madame Breakfast Pizza”, Lyssy (if that’s your sort of thing). I found the recipe online, made it, and promptly ordered Tiegen’s her beautiful cookbook. Many of the recipes are beyond my time and energy but several others made the purchase worthwhile, including the detail about how and why she came up with a particular recipe. Also read her back story to understand her unique family situation which led to her kitchen magic. Great she contacted you. I’ve read several of her comments on Instagram and it does seem like she keeps it personal despite her huge following. Maybe she has a staff of “repliers”?
Thanks for the recommendation – I looked it up and it looks amazing! I may have to get her cookbook too, seems like everyone has it! When I was looking at the recipe online, it looks like she always does her best to respond to comments. I think she is very down to earth and tries to stay personal with everyone. Even when people leave unwarranted mean comments she still has something nice to say. It is possible her family helps with commenting too
This looks amazing!
This looks so delicious! I will definately try this. Thanks for sharing!