Hi friends, welcome back! Hope you all had a great Memorial Day Weekend! Jon and I didn’t do much, but it sure was nice to have a day off! I usually take a long weekend trip after my busy season to decompress, but I haven’t been able to do that, so this weekend was very refreshing! I’ve been keeping myself busy with a lot of reading, yoga, and decorating the apartment with non-holiday items. I’m looking forward to things opening back up again, we truly miss being able to sit in our favorite coffee shops and try out new restaurants. I know NYC will come back better than ever, and I’ll be patiently waiting for that day! Until then, I’ll be wearing my mask, maintaining my distance, and washing my hands like crazy!
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: Lately for lunch I’ve been eating a massive salad! I feel like I go through phases with salads where I either love them or hate them, and I’m currently loving them. Lately I’ve been making mine with kale, spinach, chick peas, dried cherries, parmesan, hard boiled eggs, and a homemade dressing I found from Pinterest here. We’ve also been cooking more, this past weekend we made some yummy pesto meatballs and Jon has perfected this egg and hash brown concoction.
- What I’m reminiscing about: three years ago, my family and I went to Greece for two weeks and had the most amazing time! It truly felt like we were in a movie it was so beautiful! This trip opened my eyes to travel and I’m really missing travelling! I miss being able to plan trips and explore new places, hopefully one day soon we’ll all be travelling again!!
- What I’m loving: I know I sound like a broken record by now, but I’m loving all the yoga classes I’ve been doing through the Peloton App. It feels so great to move and stretch while being cooped up all day.
- What I’m dreading: June 6th– the day Jon and I were supposed to be getting married. I know it’s out of our control, and the wait until next year will be worth it, but it’s still disappointing knowing we will have to wait another yet.
- What I’m Up to: decorating the apartment! I have always been great at decorating for the holidays but lacking when it came to non-holiday times. Now that we are home all day, I made it my mission to make the apartment feel more like our home. Look out for an updated non-holiday apartment tour coming to the blog soon 🙂
- What I’m working on: Jon and I have been cooking a lot more, so I’ve been keeping myself busy this quarantine finding recipes on Pinterest. You can check out my Pinterest boards here. I recently added the board “Recipes I’ve Tried” to keep track of all the recipes we’ve made. Definitely check out the pesto meatballs, they were delicious!
- What I’m excited about: I tentatively rebooked our Rhode Island trip to Labor Day, so hopefully we will be able to go! One of my favorite things is travelling and it’s been hard being so cooped up in our apartment. It would be so nice to be able to get out of the city for a long weekend and explore. We shall see!
- What I’m watching/reading: We’ve been watching a lot of TV this quarantine. We just finished watching season 3 of Outlander, season 4 of Working Moms, and the Parks and Rec series. We started watching Schitt’s Creek and will probably mix Better Call Saul in with that for some balance. I’ve been reading so much more and shared my book list here. I’m currently almost done with “The Last Anniversary” and plan to start “The Great Alone” next. I look forward to the day I can get a library card!
- What I’m listening to: When I’m working I’ve been listening to the Classical for Studying station on Pandora, it’s very relaxing! When I’m working out I’m usually listening to the Britney Spears radio…
- What I’m doing this weekend: celebrating our three-year anniversary! Due to quarantine we don’t have any fun plans, but we will make a nice salmon dinner for ourselves and have a quiet night in. Sometimes that’s better than a packed restaurant anyways.
- What I’m looking forward to next month: hopefully NYC opening up, so we can go out to eat again!