Hi friends, welcome back! It was a beautiful weekend in NYC and Jon and I ventured out each day to stretch our legs and get some fresh air. We even opened the windows and let some spring air into the apartment! Our stay at home has been extended until May 28th, but I imagine we will be in longer than that, but we’ll see. We’ve had to abandon our routine for the past two months and it’s been a bit of an adjustment, but we’ve created a new routine, and a new normal. Today I’m sharing five small things that are getting me through this quarantine and have become a new normal.
- The Peloton Yoga App– this year I started going to yoga class twice a week and it felt amazing! I was bummed when my classes were cancelled due to the virus because I hadn’t found any online classes that had the same experience as an in-person class. There are some yoga videos online I’ve done, but none of them compared to an actual class until I tried the Peloton yoga class with Kristin and my quarantine life was changed forever! That may sound a tad dramatic, but I’m truly obsessed with the yoga classes! I’ve done one class a day for the last 30 days and I can already feel a difference in my flexibility. I love doing classes when I log off from work after sitting all day, it feels amazing to stretch and move! The classes range in time from 5-75 minutes, but my favorite are the 30 minutes or 1-hour classes. I also love the restorative yoga classes, they’re great on days I feel sore or tired, but still want a great stretch. The app is FREEfor three months, so I’d highly recommend giving it a try! My mom also highly recommends the meditation classes 🙂
- Books – one of my goals this year was to read eight books and I was a little worried because I was still on my first book at the end of March. Now that we’re in quarantine, I’ve been reading so much more! I’m currently on my fourth book with two more waiting on deck. I love reading because I can escape reality and live inside the pages for a while, forgetting about this pandemic for a brief time. What are your favorite books??
- Bowflex Weights – as you may know, Jon and I love lifting weights. When we heard the gyms were all closing in NYC, Jon immediately bought these Bowflex weights from Amazon and we are so glad he did!! These weights go up to 52.5 pounds and require minimal space so they’re perfect for our impromptu home gym. Lifting weights is such a big part of our day, so I can’t imagine how we would’ve got through two months and counting without them! We are very much looking forward to the gym reopening, but these have been a great substitute.
- Amazon Grocery Delivery– Jon and I are taking the stay at home orders very seriously and haven’t gone to the store in over two months! We have been so fortunate to be able to have our groceries delivered to us during this time. In the beginning of the quarantine, we had a difficult time getting a delivery window, but it seems like it’s much easier now. I dearly miss our Trader Joe’s runs, but Amazon grocery deliveries have been keeping us fed and safe!
- Wine– this one is half joke/half serious, but on Friday and Saturday it’s been so nice to have a glass of wine! It has a sort of relaxing effect on me, so it’s been nice to have a mini happy hour. I have subscribed to the Blue Apron wine box that comes once a month with six smaller bottles, so it’s been fun trying out the wines. I’m no wine connoisseur but maybe at the end of this quarantine I will be 😉 I also love these wine glasses from West Elm, they make drinking the wine more fun. I’m very much looking forward to sitting down at a restaurant and enjoying a glass of wine while I wait for my meal!
What’s helping you get through this quarantine?