Hi friends, welcome back! Can you believe the first month of 2020 is already complete? Usually January is pretty dreary, but Jon and I kept ourselves busy trying new coffee shops and restaurants. You might have noticed I’ve been blogging more about food, and that’s mainly because it’s a little chilly to be exploring the city. But don’t worry, my blog won’t be 100% a foodie blog, I’ve got a lot of fun travels in the works for this year that I’m excited for so stayed tuned, 2020 is going to be an exciting year!
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: lots! Jon and I have been trying new restaurants and coffee shops on the weekends now that it’s so cold! Some of our favorites have been Milk Bar, For Five Coffee, the Starbuck’s Reserve, Made Nice, and Adrienne’s’ Pizza. Our bellies had a busy month 🙂
- What I’m reminiscing about: it’s been over two years since I started my blog, isn’t that crazy! I had always wanted to start one, but I didn’t know what to write about until I created Lyssy in the City. It’s been such a fun passion project for me and I hope you all enjoy reading 🙂
- What I’m loving: my Saturday morning coffee dates. Jon and I are trying new spots out and it’s so fun! My favorite part of the entire week is having coffee on a Saturday morning. I love spending my morning with a cup of coffee, especially when I know I don’t have to go to work the next day
- What I’m dreading: Busy season! It’s officially started 🙁 I’ve been stockpiling posts, so my goal is to continue posting twice a week, but if I miss a regular posting it’s because the tax returns have mentally drained me…
- What I’m Up to: wondering when my wedding dress will finally be ready! I ordered it in July and it’s still not ready yet…but I’m also busy trying to make the most of living in NYC 🙂
- What I’m working on: the blog! I’m trying so hard to make the blog great this year and to plan my posts ahead of time. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like me to write about!
- What I’m excited about: Jon and I are seeing Dear Evan Hansen on Broadway next weekend and I’m so excited! This is the show I want to see the most, it’s one of the items on my NYC 2020 bucket list so be sure to check that out if you haven’t!
- What I’m watching/reading: We are watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Parks and Rec, and This is Us. We are consciously trying to not binge watch Mrs. Maisel because we don’t want it to be the end of the season. The first two seasons we flew through so we’re really trying to savor this third season! I’m currently reading The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, I’m trying to read 8 books this year.
- What I’m listening to: The Skinny Confidential Podcast
- What I’m doing this weekend: getting coffee and recovering from my first week of busy season 😉 we are also thinking about trying a new pizza place called & Pizza. We are also going to put up a gallery wall in our apartment with our engagement pictures
- What I’m looking forward to next month: spring! Also being almost done with busy season and trying on my wedding dress!
6 thoughts on “What’s Up: February 2020”
Great post as always – just letting you know I’ve nominated you for the Blogger’s Recognition Award – no worries if you Haven’t time or if its not your thing ….. Marie
Thank you so much Marie, that means a lot to me!! I would love to be involved 🙂
What fun you’ve been having! We are entering our busy time here too at work and I am trying to stay positive about it because when we get busy I don’t get much down time but I am fortunate that come the late spring, early summer when the weather gets nice things are work generally slow down and I can enjoy the outdoors more! ❤❤
p.s. I would love a piece of that cake … I wish we had Milk Bar in Minneapolis!
Omg is that cake for real!!?!?! looks amazing.
I love your posts. Gosh you’re getting married – You’re going to be a beautiful bride!
Thank you so much!!!