Hi friends, welcome back, it’s time for another What’s Up post! Jon and I are currently in Michigan for the week and we had the best time in Chicago this weekend (minus the cold weather Saturday!). I’ll be sharing more this week so stay tuned.
November was a fun month for us and I had a lighter work schedule, so I could focus more on the blog. I also decorated the apartment the second weekend of November and I just love coming home to my cheery apartment. It’s so cozy watching the Christmas movies with all of the Christmas lights. The city is slowly starting to get decorated for the holidays and our building put up their tree last week. I know when we get back the whole city will be decked out:)
On to my post JI’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: Jon and I went to Tonchin and got to eat some Michelin star ramen. If you missed the post, you can check it out here. This weekend in Chicago we ate some great food too. We have been trying to eat healthier lately because of our engagement pictures so I don’t have any great dessert pictures to share.
- What I’m reminiscing about: Two years ago, I was visiting Jon in NYC for the holidays. We went to our friend’s apartment building to workout with them and we took this selfie afterwards. Unbeknownst to us we would be living in this building less than a year later! Life’s pretty crazyAlso! Jon and I got engaged December 28th and it was the best day ever! It’s crazy to think that in a year from now we will be celebrating our first Christmas as husband and wife 🙂
- What I’m loving: the city is turning into a cheery winter wonderland! In the last week I’ve seen so many trees go up around the city, it makes me so happy! I started my NYC Christmas Bucket List so that I can really enjoy the season
- What I’m dreading: the cold! It hasn’t been too bad in NYC yet, only a few cold days. I’m anxiously awaiting the first snowfall in the city!
- What I’m Up to: soaking up the Christmas spirit 🙂
- What I’m working on: my blog! I have a lot of free time right now, so I’ve been planning ideas to share
- What I’m excited about: CHRISTMAS! If you can’t tell by now, Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year, and my favorite holiday of course! I believe that the Christmas season starts November 1st
- What I’m watching/reading: I finally finished Pillars of The Earth and it was such a great book! I’ve started reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck and Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty as a lighthearted read. Not sure about you all, but at night I have to read fiction, my brain is too tired to comprehend anything else ha! Jon and I are watching Parks and Rec Now and it’s a funny show, very light hearted which is nice to wind down to. We are also watching our favorite Christmas movies
- What I’m listening to: Christmas music 🙂
- What I’m doing this weekend: Jon and I are heading back from Michigan and getting organized after our vacation. I’m sure we will do some kind of Christmas activity on my bucket list
- What I’m looking forward to next month: so many Christmas activities! Jon and I have so many activities to do when we get back to NYC. I work right near Rockefeller so maybe I’ll be visiting the tree at work!
I hope you all have a great December!