Hi friends! This is my 200th post, pretty crazy! What’s even crazier is that it’s almost September, time is flying by! August was a great month starting with my birthday in Michigan and then Jon and I had some fun exploring NYC the other weekends. We went to Central Park, Governors Island, and saw Frozen on Broadway. I have a major travel bug and I realized that I’m so fortunate to be living in one of the most popular travel destinations in the whole world, so I really need to take advantage of that. I think sometimes I get so drained from working in the city that I don’t fully appreciate this chapter of my life. I’m having so much fun planning fun things for Jon and I to do in the city and will have lots of adventures to blog about 🙂
On to my post – I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: I am still eating the same thing every day, my Dig Inn bowl for lunch, and my naan bread pizza for dinner. We have been eating quite a bit of pizza lately! We are tying to find the best pizza in NYC and have had Prince Street Pizza and Bleecker Street Pizza and they’re both delicious, but not so nutritious. We’ve also been eating a lot of ice cream because it’s the perfect summer (and anytime) treat!
- What I’m reminiscing about: I’m reminiscing about how it’s already been a year since we’ve been in our current apartment!! It seems like just a few months ago we were moving in, but it’s been such an incredible year since then with our engagement and awesome travels. We have one year left on our lease and we aren’t sure if that will be when we leave the city or not, so stay tuned
- What I’m loving: as I said above, I’ve been loving exploring NYC. We’ve been doing a great job of having plans each weekend and it’s so fun. Some days we see a play, others we stand in line for a slice of pizza. I know we aren’t going to live in the city forever so I want to get the most of it and have no regrets when we move to the burbs.
- What I’m dreading: I still have six and a half more weeks of my busy season
- What I’m Up to: I’ve been going to yoga twice a week and I feel like I’m making a lot of progress! I love yoga and I think it’s so great for mental and physical health
- What I’m working on: balancing my blog and busy season! I have an hour requirement at work, so I try to meet that so I can focus on doing fun things for the blog on the weekend. I’m determined to maintain two posts a week, but sometimes it’s hard. If you have any blog requests let me know 🙂
- What I’m excited about: all things fall! I’m excited to not sweat on the subway, watch some football, decorate for Halloween, see the leaves change color, and light my fall scented candles. I love the fall because it’s like a warm up for Christmas, and Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year! Is it too early to be thinking about Christmas 😉
- What I’m watching/reading: I’m reading Pillars of The Earth, but I only read a few pages a night and there’s almost 1,000 pages so I have a feeling it’ll be on this list for a while!
- What I’m listening to: Jonas Brothers, Ed Sheeran, T Swift, and the Hamilton sound track
- What I’m doing this weekend: heading to Atlanta to see Jon’s family! We are both looking forward to getting out of the city for the weekend and spending some time with Jon’s family. It’ll be a much-needed break from my busy season
- What I’m looking forward to next month: FINSIHING BUSY SEASON!! We are also planning to go to Vermont for a weekend of R&R after my busy season and to see all the leaves, go to a cider mill, hike, and golf. Last year we went to Boston and had the best time together so I’m really looking forward to another relaxing weekend together.