Hi friend! One thing about me is that I love always eating the same thing and don’t have a lot of variety with my meals😂 I like what I like and the thought of trying something new and not liking it scares me. Knowing that, it probably makes perfect sense that when I go to Just Salad, I order the Chicken Caesar Salad. It’s a classic and extremely safe order. There’s one right across the street from my office, so this past busy season I must have ordered at least 10 of these salads. I started to miss my Chicken Caesar Salad after busy season, so I decided to experiment and make my own.
The critical ingredient in this recipe is the salad dressing. The dressing could make our break the salad. I wanted to find a healthier alternative than the typical Caesar dressing that’s around 200 calories a serving. I found this Bolt House Farms yogurt-based dressing and it tastes great! I usually stay away from dairy because it can make me breakout, but this dressing hasn’t affected my skin so I’d highly recommend.
- Spinach/any preference lettuce, I like to use a mix
- Bolt House Farms Caesar dressing
- Croutons – my favorite now is the Trader Joe’s ones, I snack on them all the time
- Chicken – I cooked mine on the stove
- Chick peas (optional)
- Parmesan cheese – I use this sometimes
- Cook your chicken first, that way you can wash the cutting board while it’s cooking. I cut my chicken into cubes so it cooks faster
- Chop your spinach/lettuce into TINY pieces – this can be to your preference, I like to chop it to the max and add it to a large mixing bowl (I like to chop all my ingredients separately or else the ingredients wind up all over the counter)
- Chop a handful of croutons and add to the mixing bowl
- Chop the chicken into little cubes and add to the bowl
- Optional: you can cut the chick peas in half, throw them in whole, or skip them altogether
- Add in desired dressing amount, I prefer to use a lot
- Toss the salad
- Salt and pepper to taste