Hi friends! Happy Monday and July 1st! This month totally flew by for me…like scary fast! We got back from Scotland the beginning of June and then I was slammed at work until June 15th. Jon was busy travelling for work during a few weeks, so this month was a total blur for the both of us. It also took us a while to get back into our routine after being gone and we had some jet lag, but we managed.
On a more fun note, we celebrated Jon’s birthday this week and it was so fun going out together again. I’ll be posting about our dinner later this week. Our July looks a little less chaotic which is much needed. It’s also the beginning of my fall busy season so that should be interesting. Anyways, on to my post JI’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: nothing has changed since last month. I’m still eating my Dig Inn bowls for lunch, and either guilt free pizzas or my ceasar salad for dinner.
- What I’m reminiscing about: our trip to Scotland!! We had the most amazing time and I miss being there on vacation so much! We still talk about the trip all the time and how much we loved Scotland. I’d highly recommend checking out my posts on the trip and visiting if you are able 🙂
- What I’m loving: this current chapter of my life! I love the excitement of this next year ahead, I think it’s going to be one of the best years of my life. I have so much to look forward to with the wedding, honeymoon, and I’m so glad to have so many wonderful people helping me out. I’m trying to soak in these last 11 months of our engagement
- What I’m dreading: the heat and humidity, and my upcoming busy season. It’s been 90 degrees lately, so waiting for the subway can be unbearable and the fall busy season is always the worst. I’m hoping for the best at my new firm though, my fall was pretty manageable
- What I’m Up to: I’m in a planning mood lately, so I’ve been doing a lot of research on Italy for our honeymoon and trips outside of NYC. We really want to start hiking and golfing, but we don’t have a car, so we are trying to figure out the best way to make it work.
- What I’m working on: planning our honeymoon 🙂
- What I’m excited about: trying on wedding dresses later this week. That’s one of the big things I don’t have done yet, so it will be nice to have that settled.
- What I’m watching/reading: Jon and I are watching Big Little Lies and Outlander and love them both. I’m reading The Rhythm of Life right now, I think this is my third time reading it
- What I’m listening to: The Jonas Brothers! I loved them when I was younger so I’m really happy they are back together!
- What I’m doing this weekend: spending the Fourth of July in Michigan! I’m so excited to be getting a 4-day weekend! I’m looking forward to being at my cottage and seeing the fireworks. You can read about our weekend there last year here.
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Next month we have another weekend in Michigan planned and it’s my birthday! We have a wedding in Traverse City and then a golf outing with Jon’s family that we are looking forward to. It’ll be a great month!