Hey friends! I have a delicious recipe to share with you today! This past weekend Jon and I wanted to make a dessert, so I searched the world of Pinterest and found this Paleo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie. You can find the whole recipe here. It is gluten and dairy free, but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily a “guilt free” recipe because it has almost 2,000 calories total, but it does have more natural ingredients.
I liked this recipe because I had almost all of the ingredients in my kitchen, and it was so simple to make. I didn’t need any equipment other than a hand mixer. I also liked that this recipe had only four servings, which is perfect for Jon and I.
It took me about 10 minutes to prep the ingredients and I baked it for about 15ish minutes, so all in all you can have this delicious dessert ready in less than 30 minutes. We chose to add some gelato to the top and it was a perfect combo! We got the Talenti Sea Salt Caramel and it tastes amazing! The consistency and taste reminded me of getting gelato in Greece.
Some things to note about this recipe is that the batter doesn’t really stick together, so you really have to press it into the baking dish. It’s just a little drier than regular cookie dough, but there were no issues once we baked it. Each bite was delicious and very sweet!
- ¼ cup coconut oil solid at room temperature
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (96g, 4 oz.) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup ((3 oz.) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and coconut sugar, and beat with a hand mixer
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix together
- Add in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt, and beat together
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Press the batter into the pre-greased baking dish or skillet
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on your preference
- Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream