Now that Halloween is over, we are all things Christmas over here! The tree is up, the decorations are displayed, and the Christmas movies are ready to be watched. I’m so excited to be in NYC this year and to take full advantage of all the festivities. Last year I was only in NYC for a long weekend in December and tried to pack in as many activities in as I could, but this year I have time to enjoy all of them. I’m also excited to decorate my parents’ house, spend the whole Christmas season with Jon, and spend time seeing my family and friends.
I’ve put up my tree and some decorations already, lit my Christmas candle, and am about to start watching the movies. I can’t wait to soak up the holidays this year. I created this Christmas bucket list to make sure I don’t miss anything this holiday season.
- Decorate the Christmas Tree
- Decorate the house/apartment with Christmas decorations
- Ice skate in Bryant or Central Park
- Build a gingerbread house
- Take a picture with the tree in Rockefeller Center
- Watch Christmas movies!
- Polar Express, Rudolph, The Grinch, Elf, and Home Alone are some of my favorites
- Listen to Christmas music 24/7 after Halloween
- Wrap presents
- Sip hot chocolate
- See Christmas lights
- Wear an ugly Christmas sweater
- Hang stockings over the fire place
- Eat some candy canes
- Walk through Central Park while it’s snowing
- Buy a special ornament
- Decorate Christmas cookies
- Light a Christmas scented candle
- See Santa
- Leave out cookies and milk for Santa
- Buy presents for others
- Send a Christmas card
- Buy an advent calendar (Trader Joe’s is the best! and only a dollar!)
- Read Twas the Night Before Christmas
- Write your New Years Resolutions
What’s on your Christmas Bucket List?