I’ve got an easy, healthy, and delicious meal for you to try 😋
Growing up I NEVER liked shrimp. We always had it as an appetizer when we went to family parties, and everyone always loved it but me. I’ve slowly started coming to my senses and liking shrimp, I have Bonefish’s Bang Bang shrimp to thank for that! (If you’ve never had that, you’re seriously missing out!)
I decided to be a little adventurous with my cooking and tried this recipe and really liked it. The original recipe can be found here, we didn’t have fresh zucchini to make zoodles so we made some stir-fry veggies and rice.
The sauce for this is really delicious, and just the right amount of sweetness. I bought medium sized shrimp (rookie mistake) because it was my first time ever buying it so I just grabbed a bag, but I would recommend buying large or even shrimp.
- Bag of large shrimp
- Rice (we eat Jasmine rice)
- Stir-fry veggies of your choosing (can buy fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup + 3 TBS of sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup of soy sauce ( I substituted for coconut aminos)
- 1 ½ TSP of olive oil
- Start making your rice so it’s ready to eat when the shrimp and vegetables are done
- Mix the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, and olive oil to make the marinade for the shrimp
- Pour half of the marinade on the shrimp and toss. The other half will be used at the very end for extra flavor
- Sauté shrimp in a pan and flip after a few minutes
- Remove shrimp to a bowl once cooked and sauté vegetables in the same pan
- In a bowl/plate combine rice, shrimp, and veggies and top with any remaining sauce