As you all probably know by now, Trader Joe’s is my favorite grocery store in the world. I love everything about it except how chaotic it is in NYC, but that’s not their fault. I could just wander the aisles all day long and look at the new items. Throughout the years I’ve established my favorite staples that I get every time I go to TJs. There are some things I like at Trader Joe’s that are comparable to other stores, but these five items I just can’t live without!
- Garlic Salt: this is my go-to seasoning whenever I’m cooking. I always use this on my egg whites and chicken. This seasoning is a game changer and only $2!
2. Frozen Mixed Berries: I always put these berries in my Smoothies. These berries are a really good deal compared to other stores like Kroger which can charge up to $7 for a bag of frozen fruit. I’m all about a good deal and healthy food.
3. Blue Corn Tortilla Chips: these are hands down my favorite tortilla chip and also my favorite go-to hanger prevention snack. They have the perfect amount of salt and I can never limit myself to one serving. These go perfectly with my Guilt Free Nachos recipe. Also I just tried this guacamole and love it! It’s perfect for me to take to work and a good serving size for 100 calories.
4. Almond Milk Cheese: this one is a new recent favorite of mine. I discovered it a few months ago while I was wandering by the refrigerated section. This almond milk cheese is a great substitue for regular cheese. It doesn’t quite melt the same, but I love putting it on nachos, quesadillas, Guilt Free Pizza, and black bean noodles. If you’re dairy sensitive you need to get these ASAP!
5. Dark Chocolate: I LOVE dark chocolate, this one is 73% cocoa and is very bitter which I love. It satisfies my sweet tooth and isn’t loaded with sugar or cream so it doesn’t give me a sugar rush like milk chocolate does.
4 thoughts on “Trader Joe’s Top Five”
Wow, I’ve tried 4/5 of those items! The best is the cheese shreds and chocolate.
That chocolate bar looks awesome!
Did you have to “get used to the taste” of the cheese alternative. I am not supposed to have dairy anymore because of acid reflex. I have never liked the fat free cheese..
The cheese doesn’t have a strong taste at all so I never had to really get used to it. I think it’s a little similar to the way fat free cheese melts though