I recently purchased some PES peanut butter protein powder because I heard it’s the best protein for baking, and I was curious. I love peanut butter cookies, but recently I’ve been all about almond butter. I made this recipe so that I could satisfy my sweet tooth without busting my diet.
I will say that these cookies do have a protein after taste, that people not used to having protein powder frequently will notice (aka my dad). It really depends on the exact protein that you use, some don’t have any after taste at all.
This recipe only has six ingredients and takes about twenty minutes total.
- 1 egg
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 TBS almond milk (not pictured)
- Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Form dough into cookies (makes 8-12)
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and place Hershey Kiss on top of each cookie
- Let cool and enjoy