Hi friends, welcome back and a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I feel like we are entering that crazy time of year where we blink and it’s already New Years! Anyone else think the holiday season is a festive blur? November was a slower month for Jon and I, we relaxed and hung out after being gone for almost two weeks on our trip. The highlight of the month so far has been putting up all of my Christmas decorations (on November 4th) and starting to watch Christmas movies. I am hoping we will be able to see some of the Christmas Trees around the city in a safe, socially distant way. If you need some holiday cheer you can see all the NYC trees I visited last year here.
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: did you see my yummy Bar Harbor eats? Jon & I ate some delicious food on our East Coast Road Trip. We have also been getting more takeout on the weekend and trying new places – usually sushi or pizza and you can see it all on the instagram lyssyinthecity.eats
- What I’m reminiscing about: spending last Thanksgiving with my family and decorating my parents house for Christmas. It’s sad that we won’t see our families for Thanksgiving, but I know it was the right thing to stay in NY with all of the rising cases and travel advisories. I know this is just a blip in time, and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.
- What I’m loving: my Christmas decorations!! I am so excited to share all of my decorations with you all next week! It is a winter wonderland in here and I love being home all day to enjoy it
- What I’m dreading: not being able to have Christmas as usual seeing friends and family
- What I’m Up to: I just completed my 200th Peloton yoga class and now I can do yoga in front of my tree. I am still obsessed with my bike and if you are thinking about getting one, here is your sign to just buy it (this is not a sponsorship, maybe in my dreams ha!)
- What I’m working on: I have so many pictures to go through from our trip, so bare with me while I get all my blog posts written 🙂
- What I’m excited about: CHRISTMAS! I am such a sucker for all things Christmas, I just ordered some festive masks I’m excited to wear
- What I’m watching/reading: I am reading The Other Woman and I am so close to finishing. It is kind of mystery/thriller but not scary and it’s become a page turner. We have slowly started watching Christmas movies and so far we’ve watched The Holidate, Bad Moms Christmas, and Miracle on 34thStreet. We have two episodes left of Schitt’s Creek and we don’t want it to end 🙁
- What I’m listening to: CHRISTMAS MUSIC! My favorite songs are Do You Hear What I Hear, It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, All I Want For Christmas is You, and Little Drummer Boy
- What I’m doing this weekend: watching some Christmas movies, ordering takeout, riding my bike, doing some yoga, and working on my blog
- What I’m looking forward to next month: hmm January is my least favorite month… I know it sounds silly, but I’m just looking forward to getting to 2021 and putting 2020 behind me!