Hi friends, welcome back and a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I feel like we are entering that crazy time of year where we blink and it’s already New Years! Anyone else think the holiday season is a festive blur? November was a slower month for Jon and I, we relaxed and hung out after being gone for almost two weeks on our trip. The highlight of the month so far has been putting up all of my Christmas decorations (on November 4th) and starting to watch Christmas movies. I am hoping we will be able to see some of the Christmas Trees around the city in a safe, socially distant way. If you need some holiday cheer you can see all the NYC trees I visited last year here.
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: did you see my yummy Bar Harbor eats? Jon & I ate some delicious food on our East Coast Road Trip. We have also been getting more takeout on the weekend and trying new places – usually sushi or pizza and you can see it all on the instagram lyssyinthecity.eats
- What I’m reminiscing about: spending last Thanksgiving with my family and decorating my parents house for Christmas. It’s sad that we won’t see our families for Thanksgiving, but I know it was the right thing to stay in NY with all of the rising cases and travel advisories. I know this is just a blip in time, and there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.
- What I’m loving: my Christmas decorations!! I am so excited to share all of my decorations with you all next week! It is a winter wonderland in here and I love being home all day to enjoy it
- What I’m dreading: not being able to have Christmas as usual seeing friends and family
- What I’m Up to: I just completed my 200th Peloton yoga class and now I can do yoga in front of my tree. I am still obsessed with my bike and if you are thinking about getting one, here is your sign to just buy it (this is not a sponsorship, maybe in my dreams ha!)
- What I’m working on: I have so many pictures to go through from our trip, so bare with me while I get all my blog posts written 🙂
- What I’m excited about: CHRISTMAS! I am such a sucker for all things Christmas, I just ordered some festive masks I’m excited to wear
- What I’m watching/reading: I am reading The Other Woman and I am so close to finishing. It is kind of mystery/thriller but not scary and it’s become a page turner. We have slowly started watching Christmas movies and so far we’ve watched The Holidate, Bad Moms Christmas, and Miracle on 34thStreet. We have two episodes left of Schitt’s Creek and we don’t want it to end 🙁
- What I’m listening to: CHRISTMAS MUSIC! My favorite songs are Do You Hear What I Hear, It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, All I Want For Christmas is You, and Little Drummer Boy
- What I’m doing this weekend: watching some Christmas movies, ordering takeout, riding my bike, doing some yoga, and working on my blog
- What I’m looking forward to next month: hmm January is my least favorite month… I know it sounds silly, but I’m just looking forward to getting to 2021 and putting 2020 behind me!
11 thoughts on “What’s Up: December 2020”
The pizza and sandwich look absolutely heavenly 🤤
I wish I had Instagram so I could follow your food account – it’s probably a good job I don’t though because it would make me so hungry every time I saw your posts haha!
I can relate to January being your least favourite month too. Maybe it will be better next year though because of what’s happened this year! We’re all going to be glad to see the back of 2020 I think.
I look forward to seeing your Christmas decorations too ☺️ xxx
Haha not having an instagram is probably freeing too! I do have a lot of drool worthy pics!
Hopefully 2021 is better, it seems like it will be, but you never know!
Thank you! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, and yes it is going too fast, maybe that’s why we’re starting a few weeks early in Canada 🙂
Haha very true!! Happy belated Thanksgiving 🙂
A heartwarming article with wonderful photos and…. THE FOOD! I hope Christmas turns out to be better than you thought. If you want a movie recommendation that you “might” not have seen, I have to promote ‘The Snowman’, a 1982 British animated film that is somehow equally uplifting and heartbreaking. A Christmas classic and it’ll only take up 27 minutes of your time. Stay safe and healthy!
Thank you!! I hope Christmas is better 🎄thanks for the rec, I haven’t heard of that one!
The pizzas look soooo good! My favourite food ever is pizza! And the preview pictures of your trip look amazing. I miss traveling.
Pizza is always a good idea 😀 hopefully we will all be able to travel soon 🤞🏻
Lovely pictures. You look amazing! Hope you see your family when you can. One day we will be in a better place. Keep doing the yoga! Greetings from London. xxx
Thank you!! Hopefully things start returning to normal next year
Ok I think I like you, you’re clearly a foodie! 😊 Also, your tree is gorgeous! Don’t think so much about Jan yet, it’s still so far away 😅