Hi friends, I’m back after taking a little Christmas break from the blog! I was home in Michigan for ten days and it was wonderful spending some quality time outside of the city with my family and friends. I was home for a little more than a week and the time flew by! I had such a great Christmas with my family, we took advantage of the warmer weather and took a long walk together making the most of our green Christmas. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas with loved ones!
On to my post 🙂 as you know, I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: wow I ate a lot of Christmas carbs 😉 so now I’m excited to get back into my routine. Here’s some bits and pieces of what I ate in Michigan!
- What I’m reminiscing about: right after Christmas last year Jon proposed, and it was one of the happiest days of my life! I can’t believe that in about five months we will be getting married!
- What I’m loving: being back in NYC. I thrive on routine so I’m ready to get back to normal after my time in Michigan. I was really missing my naan bread pizzas!
- What I’m dreading: going back to work after this extended break 🙁 and knowing that another busy season is just around the corner…
- What I’m Up to: planning our Honeymoon and knocking out some wedding to-do’s. I’ve been booking some of our excursions in Italy and it’s making me so excited! We are going to tour the Coliseum, Vatican, Pompei, and take a boat tour in the Amalfi Coast!! I’m so excited for another trip abroad with Jon!
- What I’m working on: planning out some fun blog posts to get me through dreary January! Do you guys have any suggestions/things you want to see??
- What I’m excited about: I love starting a new year and setting goals! This year some of my goals are: change my last name on all my documents by the end of the year, read 8 books, travel to California, and attend a yoga class twice a week
- What I’m watching/reading: I just started reading The Story of Edgar Sawtalle. My mom and sisters really liked it so hopefully I do too! I love reading before bed to calm my mind, I’m not one of those people that can just fall asleep the second their head hits the pillow
- What I’m listening to: nothing now that Christmas music is over haha
- What I’m doing this weekend: good question, I’ll think of something fun to share next week 🙂 I think Jon and I will work on our wedding registry so that should be fun!
- What I’m looking forward to next month: hopefully my wedding dress will be ready for me to have my first fitting!
I loved unplugging while I was gone, but now I’m ready to focus on my blog again. Thanks for sticking with me on my little hiatus and I’ll see you in 2020!!