Happy Tuesday friends! I can’t believe that it’s already May! This year is already flying by… April was a pretty busy month for me finishing up my busy season and then spending Easter in Michigan. I’m excited for the month ahead because Jon and I are going to Scotland for a little over a week. I always like planning a vacation after my busy season to give me some motivation. This will be my second time to Europe and Jon’s first so that’s exciting. We have some planned excursions which will be perfect to learn more about the history and area. We will also be celebrating our 2 year anniversary while we are there. It’s crazy to think that on our last anniversary I moved to NYC! What a year it’s been!! 🙂
On to my post 😀I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: Now that summer is coming up I’m trying to eat healthier because abs are really made in the kitchen! I still bring my copycat dig inn bowl to work for lunch almost every day. I made a big chicken and veggie stir fry this weekend that would be great for meal prepping too. I’ll share my recipe soon 🙂
- What I’m reminiscing about: I’ve been in NYC for eleven months now! It seems like just yesterday I boarded the plane with a one way ticket to NYC.
- What I’m loving: it’s finally not busy season! It’s been so nice being able to eat dinner at home and leave when there’s still sunlight out. It always feels like such a relief when busy season is over. I feel like a normal person again!
- What I’m dreading: honestly nothing really, life is good when it’s not tax season
- What I’m Up to: lots of wedding planning! We booked the venue, dj, videographer, and photographer which is a huge relief!
- What I’m working on: wedding planning finally! I wanted nothing to do with planning while I was in my busy season, but now I can finally think about it. We have the big things done, so now there’s just fun things like color schemes, dresses and engagement pictures
- What I’m excited about: Our trip to Scotland in three weeks! I’m still finalizing our trip, I have all of the big things planned, just researching places to eat and get coffee.
- What I’m watching/reading: I haven’t been reading too much, I prefer to journal before bed, so I’m still reading Cast of Shadows. We don’t have a show right now so we’ve been watching a lot of YouTube vloggers.
- What I’m listening to: the Hamilton Soundtrack, it’s amazing!
- What I’m doing this weekend:
- What I’m looking forward to next month: we don’t have any travel plans for June, so it’ll be really nice to explore the city with some warm weather. I want to knock some of the things off my bucket list 🙂