It’s my first What’s Up of the year starting with my least favorite month of the year. January is the worst month because all the excitement of Christmas is gone and it’s cold! But my year is off to an amazing start, and Jon and I are getting out of the cold next weekend so we are pretty excited. It’s my last bit of fun and sun before busy season. It’s my first busy season in NYC with my new firm, but I think it’ll be a lot better than my last one, there’s hope!
On to my post I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: I’ve been obsessed with this takeout place called Dig Inn and I finally mastered making it myself, so I’ve been eating that almost every day this year. It’s so healthy, filling, and easy to prep so I’ll share soon 😀I’m trying to start the year on a healthier note. Jon and I are still eating Naan bread pizzas almost daily for dinner too.
- What I’m reminiscing about: So much!! December was hands down the best month of my life! Jon and I got engaged and I could just go on about that forever, but I’m saving that for a separate post. I’m also reminiscing about spending so much time with family and friends over the holidays! It’s starting to be my busy season, so I won’t be able to travel and see my family and friends back in Michigan until after April 15th.
- What I’m loving: being back into a routine! I love travelling and the holidays, but I need my routine, or I feel out of whack. I’m excited to get back into my usual workout routine and get stronger these next few months. Jon and I travelled a lot from October-December, so we are loving the slower pace and relaxing a bit
- What I’m dreading: the cold!! It’s starting to finally get colder and NYC, and I’m not a fan of winter weather. I love seeing the snow from inside, wrapped in blankets, but walking around in it is no fun!
- What I’m Up to: getting back into the swing of things! Work is picking up so that’s keeping me pretty busy during the week. Lots of blogging going on during the weekend.
- What I’m working on: planning a trip to Ireland and Scotland!! If you guys have any recommendations let me know!! I have the travel bug, probably because it’s easier to plan than a whole wedding
- What I’m excited about: Jon and I are going to Puerto Rico next weekend and I’m excited for some nice weather and a last hurrah before busy season kicks into full gear!
- What I’m watching/reading: I’m reading Eat, Pray, Love and it’s pretty good. I just finished Double Bind and that had a really good twist at the end! Jon and I watched Haunting of Hill House and I must say it was pretty freaky! 👻 Scary shows and movies are not my cup of tea, but it was really good!
- What I’m listening to: so many random songs! I like Happier by Bastille, Thank U, Next, and Perfect of course : )
- What I’m doing this weekend: I have no idea and that’s kind of nice, we can just relax and maybe do a little packing for our trip and planning my next one
- What I’m looking forward to next month: not travelling! And doing something fun for Valentine’s Day! Last year we got the world’s biggest milk shakes and saw Book of Mormon. This will be our first Valentine’s Day that we are actually together.