Is it just me or did August go by in the blink of an eye?? I had a busy month filled with work, but I’m excited for September and fall! A year ago this weekend was actually my first time visiting Jon in NYC for Labor Day, what a great year it’s been.
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: I’ve been eating a lot of guilt free nachos, those are so easy to prep for lunch! I’ve also been eating a lot of take out… My office provides dinner during the week, so I usually just make do with what they provide. At the end of the day it’s all about balance, not perfection
- What I’m reminiscing about: my weekends spent exploring NYC before busy season. I have mandatory 9-3 in the office on Saturdays, so there’s not much time for exploring these days. You can read about my Central Park post here.
- What I’m loving: the anticipation and excitement of moving into our new place tomorrow! We signed our lease at the end of July and I’ve been impatiently waiting to move in ever since. I think I ask Jon every day if it’s time to move yet. Luckily he humors me 😂 Here’s a sneak peak of our new kitchen!
- What I’m dreading: tax season! I have a month and a half left of busy season. I work about 60 hours a week and I’m already exhausted!
- What I’m Up to: lots and lots of tax returns! I’ve also been doing lots of online furniture shopping. We got a nice couch from West Elm, but other than that we are probably getting most things from Wayfair/Joss & Main.
- What I’m working on: designing the new apartment! I must say it’s a lot harder than I thought. I can’t begin to imagine furnishing a whole house. We really want our apartment to feel put together like our home would be because we will be living there for two years.
- What I’m excited about: WE ARE MOVING TOMORROW!!!!!!! 🎉If you couldn’t tell, I’m beyond excited😀 I’m also going to be in my friend’s wedding next weekend and I’m really excited about that. It’s the first one I’ll be in and that Jon and I are attending together. The wedding is in my hometown, so I’ll also get to spend time with my family too. Lots to be excited about!
- What I’m watching/reading: I’m reading the second Crazy, Rich, Asians book called China Rich Girlfriend. I highly recommend the series, it’s a nice light-hearted book and perfect for when I’m winding down before bed. We saw the movie and absolutely loved it, definitely would recommend you all to see it!!
- What I’m listening to: lots of Ed Sheeran. Perfect and Supermarket Flowers are my current favs
- What I’m doing this weekend: unpacking and moving into our new apartment, and some work of course
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Finishing busy season! After 10/15 busy season will officially be over and I can enjoy fall, Halloween, and explore NYC. I’m excited to see all the leaves change color in Central Park 🎃
- Bonus: Throwback to my first time visiting Jon! We ate dinner at Catch, visited the 9/11 memorial, walked the high line, and worked out. Time flies when you’re having fun!