Hi friends, welcome back to my first What’s Up post of 2021! This month was all about getting back into a routine after being gone for three weeks. We cleaned and organized the apartment, took down the Christmas decorations, ordered yummy takeout, and watched a lot of Netflix and football. Not a bad way to spend a quarantine after our travels! My tax busy season hasn’t started yet, so it’s been nice to ease back into work and start the year as stress-free as possible. Here’s hoping 2021 is a better year!
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: Lots of clementines! But more importantly, Jon and I have been having so much fun cooking new recipes together! We have made three Half Baked Harvest recipes, and our favorite so far has been this crunch wrap supreme! It was insanely delicious, and you should definitely give it a try!!
- What I’m reminiscing about: travelling internationally! We were supposed to go to Italy last year for our honeymoon, then this year, but now I have no idea of when we will get there. We had such a blast in Scotland in 2019 and I’ve been looking forward to more trips ever since!
- What I’m loving: we got a Chemex pour over coffee maker for Christmas, and on the weekend, we brew delicious coffee! Jon and I used to love going to new coffee shops on the weekend, but now we buy better quality coffee and bring the experience to our kitchen. If you are a coffee lover, I’d highly recommend spending a little more to get artisanal coffee bags, you can definitely taste a difference!
- What I’m dreading: busy season 🙁 it will be starting soon, but I am hoping it will go by quickly and then it’ll only be one more month until the wedding! It is also easier to do a busy season while working remotely because I can get more sleep and I’m not apart from Jon all those hours
- What I’m Up to: wake up, workout, work, yoga, watch tv, repeat
- What I’m working on: finishing my East Coast Road Trip blog posts – I still have Kennebunkport and Portsmouth left, so stay tuned!
- What I’m excited about: Jon and I are really getting married this year! Our first dance song is my favorite song, so whenever I listen to it I am reminded how sad we were dancing to it on our postponed wedding day, but also how much more special it will be to have our actual first dance.
- What I’m watching/reading: I LOVED Bridgerton and Queen’s Gambit! I was so sad when we finished both shows! I’m currently reading Untamed by Glennon Doyle and it’s very interesting!
- What I’m listening to: Afterglow by Ed Sheeran
- What I’m doing this weekend: ordering takeout, making cookies, and relaxing 🙂
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Valentine’s Day! I think we are going to try and order a heart shaped pizza (cheesy – I know (pun intended)) and watch To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before 3. What are your Valentine’s plans?
Hope you all have a great week!