Hi friends, happy end of October! This month was filled with three hikes, a trip to Vermont, Halloween candy, and some exploring. I’m feeling refreshed and lighter now that my busy season is over and I’m working normal hours the rest of the year. I’ve been busy soaking up all things fall because come November 1st, it’s all things Christmas over here. This is my favorite time of the year so I’ll be sharing lots of holiday cheer on the blog.
On to my post JI’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: same ol’ naan bread pizzas and my copycat dig inn bowl. Our engagement pictures are coming up so Jon and I are trying to eat healthier these next few weeks. Last weekend we tried the new brunch menu at Crown Shy and it was delicious, I’ll be sharing soon! Crown Shy just received a Michelin star which is a very big deal!
- What I’m reminiscing about: our trip to Vermont! We had the best, most relaxing weekend and got to see all of the fall foliage. In case you missed it, I shared what we ate, our hikes, and five activities to do in Manchester. It was the perfect fall weekend!
- What I’m loving: I’m done with my busy season so I’ve been able to go to yoga three times a week and I feel great! The classes are in my building so it’s very convenient. I’m amazed at how much progress you can make in your flexibility with regular yoga practice.
- What I’m dreading: just the cold weather that’s bound to come, but it wouldn’t feel like the Christmas season with warm weather
- What I’m Up to: I’ve been loving not being in busy season. I’ve been able to focus on my blog more, and I need to get back into wedding planning mode.
- What I’m working on: my blog! I finally feel creative again and not so burnt out.
- What I’m excited about: Thanksgiving! Jon and I have a wedding in Chicago, and then we are heading to Michigan to take our engagement pictures and spend time with my family. I’m also excited to decorate my parent’s house for Christmas, that’s one of my favorite things to do.
- What I’m watching/reading: We are watching Working Moms and This is Us and love them both! It’s a good combo because Working Moms is twenty-minute episodes and funny, and This is Us is a deeper show. What shows do you all recommend? I’m still reading Pillars of the Earth and I’m on page 600, only 400 more to go!
- What I’m listening to: I’ve been listening to the Skinny Confidential podcast lately and it’s very entertaining. Soon I’ll be listening to some Christmas music!
- What I’m doing this weekend: we don’t have anything planned yet, but I need to find an outfit for our engagement pictures so maybe we will go to the new Nordstrom that opened up, it’s the first one to have women’s items in the city which is crazy!
- What I’m looking forward to next month: decorating my apartment for Christmas! I already got some new decorations and I’m so excited to put them out, I’ll share a post with an updated Christmas tour soon 🙂
- Happy Halloween!! This is Jon and I way back when with his sisters. Life is funny 🙂
Thanks for reading! See you next week!