Happy Thursday friends! I can’t believe the first month of 2019 is almost over! Hopefully you’re all staying warm!! My favorite part of the month was escaping the snow storm in Puerto Rico! It was the perfect last getaway before my busy season officially starts this month! January is the worst month in my opinion so to make up for it I’ve decorated the apartment with a few Valentine’s Day things like little heart shaped plates and dish towels. We also bought these little gummies from Trader Joe’s and they’re delicious! I think they’re actually Swedish Fish, but I’m a sucker for anything holiday themed.
On to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: I’ve been eating this copycat dig inn bowl almost every day! I’m back on my sweet potato kick, and can’t get enough of them! Back in college I ate a whole sweet potato almost every day and my hands and feet turned orange…Funny story, my mom was very confused because she thought I was using self-tanner but not washing my hands, yet I was still very pale, then we figured out it was from sweet potatoes. Also, Jon and I are also trying to venture out and try new coffee shops in the city. We both love trying new coffee shops while on vacation, so we are finally venturing out in the city
- What I’m reminiscing about: our engagement! I can’t believe it’s been a month already! My nails still haven’t chipped yet. That was my favorite post to write, so if you haven’t read it yet, you can check it out here!
- What I’m loving: having a little break from travelling! Jon and I travelled so much in the past four months, so it’s nice to get back into our routine. We are both looking forward to improving our workouts now that we won’t have to miss any workouts
- What I’m dreading: tax season! It’s never fun, but at my new place I don’t have mandatory weekends, so it’ll be better, and I’ll actually see Jon.
- What I’m Up to: exploring the city! Jon and I saw Phantom of the Opera last weekend and are starting to try out new coffee places in the city. We are also going to start going to museums now that it’s getting too cold to be outside for too long
- What I’m working on: trying to get all my meal preps done the night before so that I have a smoother morning
- What I’m excited about: getting stronger now that I’ll be in a good workout routine!
- What I’m watching/reading: I’m still reading Eat, Pray, Love but it’s a little slow. I’ve been journaling a lot instead of reading lately. We are watching This is Us and the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and really like them both. I also have been watching the Marie Kondo show on Netflix and really enjoy it
- What I’m listening to: my favorite song right now is 7 Rings by Ariana Grande, it’s just so catchy
- What I’m doing this weekend: it’s restaurant week in NYC so Jon and I are going to try a new place. The special is a three course meal for $42 a person, and you get to pick out of a few options for each course. We haven’t gone out to dinner in the city because we’ve been traveling so much so this will be a lot of fun!
- What I’m looking forward to next month: getting through the first busy season deadline 🙂
One thought on “What’s Up: February 2019”
Great post 😁