I absolutely love the fresh start of the new year. At the end of every year, I think long and hard about what I want to accomplish in the coming year. I love setting goals for myself so that I can become the better version of myself in the new year. I am very goal oriented, so I prefer to think of them as new year goals instead of resolutions. In 2018 my big goals were to move to NYC, travel with Jon, and be more present with others. I’m happy to say that I accomplished two goals and still working on the later, my phone is like a black hole! I am Lyssy in the City now😀 and Jon and I travelled to Boston, Savannah, and Charleston.
I have a huge list of goals that I want to accomplish in 2019, most of them are easily achievable, but things that I’ve put on the backburner lately. Others require a lot of planning and commitment, and others are habits that I want to create. This list is random, just like my thoughts and jokes, but it’ll be fun looking back at the end of 2019 and seeing what I can accomplish in a year.
Lyssy in the City’s 2019 Goals
- Switch all of my doctors to NYC (this is a lot harder than it seems #adulting)
- Travel to Europe and visit a new country (probably Ireland)
- Travel to a new state
- Put away my clothes immediately instead of throwing them on the floor for later
- Send people cards for holidays & birthdays
- Start developing a good anti-aging skincare routine (hello 25😭)
- Get contacts so I don’t win an award for the world’s dirtiest glasses
I think that list is a good start and will keep me busy! What are your goals for 2019?