I know I say this every month, but October just flew by! The first half was a complete blur with my busy season, but the second half was great! I had a wonderful time in Boston and took some time off of work to recover. I’m so excited for all that’s to come the remainder of the year, the holidays make me so happy!
On to my post I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: lots of guilt free pizza! Now that busy season is over I can eat dinner at home with Jon, and we have naan bread pizza for dinner just about every night😂. It’s so simple and good. We’ve also been drinking a lot of different coffee and tried lots of new places in Boston. This is a French Toast Latte!
- What I’m reminiscing about: my trip to Boston! We had so much fun and got to see so many cool sights. There’s so much history there too, and I only scratched the surface on it. You can read about part 1 and part two, the last part will be coming to you this Thursday 🙂
- What I’m loving: being done with busy season and back to normal life again! It’s so nice not having to work weekends and come home at a normal time during the week.
- What I’m dreading: the cold!! It’s starting to finally get colder and NYC, and I’m not a fan of winter weather. I love seeing the snow from inside, wrapped in blankets, but walking around in it is no fun! Jon and I are investing in some nice winter coats, so hopefully that makes the cold more bearable.
- What I’m Up to: relaxing! I can finally enjoy my weekends and not have the weight of busy season over me.
- What I’m working on: finishing up the apartment! We have all of our living room and bedroom furniture, now we just have some finishing touches to do. I finally have time and energy to think about it now. I’ll have some updated pictures before I put up the Christmas decorations 😀🙌🏻
- What I’m excited about: lots of travelling this month! I’m going home mid-November to see my family and decorate for Christmas 🙂 Also, Jon and I are going to Savannah and Charleston before going to Atlanta for Thanksgiving so lots going on, and all very exciting!Here we are on our first Thanksgiving together!
- What I’m watching/reading: This is Us is back and we are up to date with that. I’m going to start watching Christmas movies shortly. I don’t have a book right now, I’ve finished all the Crazy Rich Asian books. Any suggestions??
- What I’m listening to: soon I’ll be listening to Christmas music! I haven’t really been listening to anything lately actually
- What I’m doing this weekend: Putting up my Christmas decorations! I love decorating and I’m excited to decorate the new apartment with all the ornaments we have collected. I also got some new things from TJ Maxx this year that I’m excited to put out. This was our little tree last year 🙂
- What I’m looking forward to next month: all things Christmas!!!! Last year I came to visit Jon for a weekend in December and we saw the tree in Rockefeller Center and it was pretty crazy with all the people! Now that I’m here we can do things during the week so it won’t be so crazy.
- Bonus- my goal for the holiday season is to try my best to be in the moment with the people I’m with and unplug from my phone. I’m pretty glued to my phone, so I definitely need to work on this!