September was a crazy month! We moved, flew back to Michigan for a wedding, and I had my first big deadline at work, all in the span of two and a half weeks! October is going to be a great month for me with the end of busy season, and a fun trip in the works.
On to my post I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: I’ve been eating a lot of guilt free nachos, those are so easy to prep for lunch! I’ve also been eating a lot of take out… My office provides dinner during the week, so I usually just make do with what they provide. At the end of the day it’s all about balance, not perfection!
- What I’m reminiscing about: listening to Ed Sheeran sing Perfect live, it was so amazing. I could honestly just listen to him sing that ten times and would be so happy
- What I’m loving: planning a post busy season trip with Jon. I have a major travel bug now that I’ve been cooped up in the office so long. I need some fresh air and new sights!
- What I’m dreading: my final tax deadline on 10/15! There’s a lot to be done between now and then, but I’m almost done and then I’ll have some more relaxed months until next year
- What I’m Up to: lots and lots of tax returns! I’m still doing some furniture shopping as well. We have the bedroom set ordered and some living room furniture. Once parts of the apartment are finished I’ll post some pictures.
- What I’m working on: planning a trip to Boston with Jon at the end of my busy season. It’s so easy to take the train there from NYC, so I thought it would be the prefect long weekend for us. Do you guys have any recommendations??
- What I’m excited about: HALLOWEEN!! If you missed my fall bucket list, you can check it out here. I’m so excited to celebrate Halloween and really get in the spirit this year. I’ve already decorated my apartment. I absolutely love decorating for the holidays with little knick knacks. There’s a TJ Maxx two blocks away that I got most things from and a few things I brought with me from Michigan
- What I’m watching/reading: I’m reading the third Crazy, Rich, Asians book called Rich People Problems. I highly recommend the series, it’s a nice light-hearted book and perfect for when I’m winding down before bed. Jon surprised me with it after a long day of work. I’m also so excited for This Is Us to be back! That’s my favorite show right now and I’d highly recommend
- What I’m listening to: lots of Ed Sheeran. Perfect and Supermarket Flowers are my current favs. We went to the concert last weekend and it was so amazing! Soon I’ll start listening to the Monster Mash👻
- What I’m doing this weekend: working and maybe some exploring, it’s finally getting cooler thank goodness! I really want to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge before it gets too chilly.
- What I’m looking forward to next month: Finishing busy season! After 10/15 busy season will officially be over and I can enjoy fall, Halloween, and explore NYC. I’m also excited to see all the leaves change color in Central Park.
- Bonus- favorite Halloween candy: Snicker’s and the Reese’s