Oh my goodness, I can’t believe that I’m 25! It always seemed like such an old age to me, yet here I am, ready to embrace it. Maybe now I’ll start saying you’re only as old as you feel, and age is just a number.
I had such an amazing 24th year and I know my 25th year will be even better! I’m looking forward to being in NY this year with Jon.
I thought it would be fun for my 25th birthday post to share 25 things I’ve learned in my 25 years along with some throwback pictures:
- You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing
- Everything happens when it needs to happen, and there’s always a reason – this is hard for me because I want everything to happen NOW (I’m a little one track minded)
- Stay in your own lane. This is another one of my favorite quotes. It reminds me that you don’t need to be worried about what everybody else is doing, just keep doing what’s best for you and it’ll all workout
- You have to do what’s best for YOU, and surround yourself with the people who know and want what’s best for you
- It’s ok to miss a workout and not be 100% on track with your diet or workout routine, that’s life and that’s normal. Fitness should be a part of your life, not your whole life, and a little bit of ice cream isn’t going to derail all of your progress
- You truly can’t out exercise a bad diet so feed your body the nutrients it wants and needs
- It’s better to have 4 quarters than 100 pennies
- It’s ok to change and grow in a different direction than others
- Always trust your gut because it’s always right
- Travel as often as you can! Going to Greece was the first time I’ve really been out of the country and it has truly opened my eyes and mind
- Quality over quantity, now that I’m getting older and have my own place I’m starting to realize it’s better to invest now in the quality things than settle now and have to rebuy something. My cousin once told me “Buy nice, not twice” and I think that’s a great motto to live by
- Don’t sacrifice family time for fitness
- Follow your heart…even if it leads you to the fridge (he he)
- Mom’s are always right even when you don’t want them to be
- The subway is awesome and not scary and reduces pollution
- Dogs make a house a home – I miss you Abby!!
- Routines are essential to a smooth day
- Consistency is the best way to get results whether it be fitness or diet or a new hobby
- Surround yourself with people you love and support you. When I first had the idea of starting a blog I was afraid people would think it was silly but having those supportive people around me helped me start and follow through with it.
- You don’t have to have it all figured out/planned. Sometimes I feel stressed because I don’t know how something will turn out, but life is best as a surprise sometimes.
- Patience is hard, but always worth it (I have to remind myself this ALL THE TIME)
- Find your me time. I think it’s so important to take some time for yourself to do what you love. For me this is working out. When I workout I’m happier and that affects my relationships, work, and every part of my day.
- If you work hard, you can achieve any goal
- Always remember when you’re going through a hard time “This too shall pass”. My dad always told me that when I would come home from school exhausted after a full day of work. Tough times don’t come to last, they come to pass.
- Live in the moment, and put away your phone – I’m guilty of not following this sometimes, but it’s so important to spend uninterrupted time with people