I’m going to start linking up with the first blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’ll be answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: I’ve been eating some Guilt Free Nachos and Guilt Free Pizza, those are Jon and my favorite thing to eat.
- What I’m reminiscing about: Jon and I celebrated our one year recently, so we’ve been reminiscing about our past year together ❤️
- What I’m loving: not being long distance anymore! It’s so nice being able to see Jon every day instead of every few weeks 🙂
- What I’m dreading: this is a little silly, but walking to work on a rainy day. It’s my first time being without a car since college
- What I’m Up to: getting settled in NYC, I start work on June 1st and that’ll keep me very busy.The Home Goods in NYC just don’t compare
- What I’m working on: figuring out how to get around on the subways. So far I haven’t gotten lost 🙂This is the longest escalator at the subway station closest to the apartment. It freaks me out every time and I hold onto the railing for dear life 😂
- What I’m excited about: going to my cottage for the Fourth of July fireworks.
- What I’m watching/reading: Jon and I haven’t had much time for TV, but we just started watching “Suits” so hopefully we like it. I started reading “Crazy Rich Asians” in Portland and have to finish that before the movie comes out.
- What I’m listening to: my favorite song at the moment is an oldie called Running Down a Dream by Tom Petty
- What I’m doing this weekend: exploring NYC and getting settled still. There’s so much to do and see here!
- What I’m looking forward to next month: not having any travel plans! It was pretty exhausting being long distance, so I’m really looking forward to a more relaxing month of no flying.
- What else is new: I’m Lyssy in the City finally. You can read my post about the move here.
3 thoughts on “What’s Up: June 2018”
Looking forward to having you and Jon to lake and glad you are so happy!!
You look like you are figuring out the city. I know you will do amazing things! Enjoy the adventure- Looking forward to seeing more.
The second longest escalator in the world is off the metro in D.C. at Woodley park zoo. It is a thrill. The longest is in russia.