I’ll be honest, I love getting Chinese take out as much as the next person, but I sure feel a lot better after eating this homemade version. This is lower in sodium and doesn’t have any extra oils or fat to cook with. Therefore, you won’t hold onto water and feel bloated after eating this #winning This recipe is also really simple, has only 3 ingredients, and took only about 20 minutes of prep time. I also like this recipe because you can add more ingredients to spice it up such as rice, peppers, edamame, or cashews. The possibilities are endless.
- 1 pound of chicken
- 1 bag/bunch of broccoli
- 1/4 cup of General Tso Sauce (I found this at Kroger)
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces (Pro tip: pound the chicken to make it more tender and easier to cut)
- Use a little olive oil or cooking spray and cook the chicken thoroughly on the stove
- Add broccoli once the chicken is cooked. I usually buy bagged, it’s easier and costs about the same at TJs
- Add in sauce (I like to dilute the sauce a bit, but this isn’t necessary. I put in 1/8 cup of water)
- Stir and let simmer until the broccoli is cooked, be careful because you don’t want the broccoli overcooked and soggy
3 thoughts on “Guilt Free General Tso Chicken”
Guilt free blog comment! LOlzzz
That would be great if you could actually make that for my family!