I don’t know about you guys, but I’m at the point of hanger after my workouts. At work I make my oats ASAP, but when I’m home I always make this smoothie. It’s so easy to make and contains plenty of protein and carbs.
This smoothie is perfect post workout because:
- Whey protein is a quickly digested protein that helps your muscles recover after a workout
- Spinach contains some protein and is full of vitamins and antioxidants. You can’t taste the spinach at all so it’s a great way to get extra veggies
- Bananas are a great source of potassium, which helps prevent muscle cramping and the carbs help replenish glycogen stores post workout
- Berries are full of antioxidants, which reduce inflammation.
Pro Tip: Freeze all your ingredients (even the spinach) to make a thicker smoothie.
- 1 banana
- Mixed Berries (I buy these frozen at Trader Joes)
- Strawberries (Trader Joe’s)
- A few drops of Vanilla
- 1 Scoop of vanilla protein powder (This kind is from TJs, but I don’t recommend mixing it with water, I only use it in smoothies)
- A latte of Spinach
- Almond Milk or Water (this makes it blend, otherwise it’s too thick for the blender)
- Add a little bit of almond milk/ water to the blender/nutribullet cup. This helps the consistency.
- Add in all ingredients, I usually add the protein powder last so that it doesn’t stick to the sides
- Blend, add water/almond milk if needed
- Enjoy (I always drink mine with a straw, you could also make it into a smoothie bowl)