Hi friends, this post is coming to you from Bar Harbor, Maine! Jon and I are having such a great trip and I can’t wait to share with you all soon! October started off full of work but ended with a road trip to Maine and New Hampshire! I am officially done with my busy season, so now I can enjoy life more and relax! I feel like the rest of the year is going to fly by, but I am excited for the upcoming holiday season. It will definitely be different, but I think we are all ready to put 2020 behind us and hopefully have life start getting back to a new normal.
On to my post JI’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: oh my Portland has delicious food!!! Here’s a sneak peak of what’s to come! P.S. for all food things related you can check out my new Instagram called lyssyinthecity.eats where I share all the yummy food we’ve been eating 🙂
- What I’m reminiscing about: pre-pandemic life and being able to travel internationally
- What I’m loving: being done with busy season!! Also, being on vacation! I am one happy girl and I can’t wait to share all my pictures!
- What I’m dreading: I see a lot of long drives in our future…but that means we are going places 🙂
- What I’m Up to: currently we are travelling, but when we get back I will be doing a lot of yoga, reading, and trying new restaurants in the city – the usual.
- What I’m working on: I am trying to figure out our honeymoon…we are going to punt our Italy trip to whenever things calm down. We are thinking about spending some time in National Parks out west and finding some cool Airbnb’s. We love hiking and being active on vacation, so I think we will really enjoy this. Being somewhat in the middle of nowhere these days sounds pretty great!
- What I’m excited about: decorating for Christmas!!! I have already gotten a few new items I’m excited to put out. If you need some cheer you can check out my prior years post here.
- What I’m watching/reading: I am currently reading One Day In December and it’s a lighter read so far, I’m about a third of the way through. I finished When To Walk Away and I really liked that one too! It was about a girl that became paralyzed from the waist down and how she is handling that, along with an unexcepted love story. Jon and I are delaying watching the final season of Schitt’s Creek because we don’t want it to be over 🙁 I love that show so much, it makes me feel so happy whenever we watch it. This Is Us is also back, so we’ll be watching that.
- What I’m listening to: I am impatiently awaiting Christmas music!
- What I’m doing this weekend: we will be in Portsmouth, NH this weekend exploring the city and then driving back to NYC Sunday. We don’t have any Halloween plans, but maybe we will watch a non-scary movie.
- What I’m looking forward to next month: ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS! Also, seeing family that we haven’t seen in forever! The last time I was home was the end of February for my wedding dress fitting.
Thanks for reading! What are you looking forward to next month?