Hi friends, welcome back! I’m not sure about you all, but when I envision summer, I see all things Red, White & Blue, and today I’ve got the perfect summer cocktail to share with you all. I was scouring Pinterest one day and stumbled upon this festive drink recipe here, and I knew it would be perfect to whip up for the Fourth of July. Jon and I stayed in NYC this Fourth of July so I wanted to do something fun to celebrate, and that’s how this recipe came to fruition. The layers may look intimidating, but have no fear, it will only take about ten minutes to concoct.
Heat waves have been scorching NYC, so this frozen cocktail hit the spot!
- 6oz White Rum
- .75oz Blue Curacao
- 2oz Lime Juice
- .75oz Simple Syrup (I used watermelon juice)
- ½ Cup frozen Strawberries
- Bomb Pop
If you follow me on Instagram, you got a sneak peek here 🙂
- Blue Layer: blend blue curacao, 2 oz of white rum, ice, and .75 oz lime juice; divide evenly between two old-fashioned glasses and place in the freezer until the next layer is ready
- White Layer: blend 2 oz of white rum, .75 oz lime juice, ice, and .75 oz simple syrup; add to the blue layer and place the glasses in the freezer until the next layer is ready
- Red Layer: blend 2 oz white rum, .5 oz lime juice, and .5 cup strawberries with ice, add to the white layer
- Add a Bomb Pop and enjoy!
Give this festive recipe a try if you are looking for the perfect summer drink!
Save to Pinterest for later 🙂