Hi friends, welcome back! What a crazy and surreal month April turned out to be! At the beginning of the month Jon and I officially decided to postpone our wedding and honeymoon until May 2021. I’m glad we pulled the trigger because we were able to secure all of our original vendors without any issues. It seems like we’ve been engaged forever at this point, but I know this is out of our control, so we just have to wait a little longer for our special day. While it is disappointing to have to postpone our wedding, our family, friends, and ourselves are all healthy and safe, and that’s all that matters. I hope that in a year from now the world is in a much healthier and safer place, and we will be able to have the wedding we’ve dreamed of. I have always liked the quote “Minor setback, major comeback” so I’m hoping that holds true.
Jon and I are doing our best during this quarantine and being extremely cautious (in case you were wondering…we still like each other :)). We don’t leave our apartment unless we have deliveries, or I drag him out for a walk if we are going absolutely stir-crazy. We’ve also been lucky enough to secure some grocery delivery spots, so that’s been incredibly helpful in keeping us safe. Jon and I are staying active with our Bowflex weights and yoga. We are very much looking forward to getting back to normal when the time comes, but until then I am trying to cherish all this extra quality time together because I know life will get busy again.
Anyways – on to my post 🙂 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: sadly, no fun desserts to share with you all. We’ve been getting weekly Blue Apron meals that we’ve enjoyed making, some of our favorites have been a gnocchi dish, meatballs, and a chicken salad. We have also started ordering takeout and so far, we’ve had delicious sushi and some real pizza! We have been wanting to try Joe’s Pizza since forever, and we got some delivered and it was delicious and massive!!
- What I’m reminiscing about: life before the virus, I really miss being able to go out for coffee and to new restaurants. If you missed it, I shared my Perfect Day in NYC last week, and that’s what I will be looking forward to once it’s safe.
- What I’m loving: the Peloton app! I downloaded it a few weeks ago, after my mom told me it’s free during this pandemic, and now I’m obsessed with their yoga classes! I love how structured the classes are and there’s such a variety of different instructors (my favorite is Kristin), class levels, and length. Now that my busy season is over I’ve been doing a class every day and it feels so amazing to move and stretch – I’d highly recommend trying out the app – no credit card required!
- What I’m dreading: cancelling our trip to Rhode Island – RI was supposed to be our last trip before the wedding where we were going to exchange our vows. I’m not sure why it’s so hard for me to cancel – maybe I’m in a bit of shock or denial that this is all happening, and the Airbnb cancellation is the ripping off of the metaphorical band aid. I know that this is so frivolous and tiny compared to all that’s going on in the world and RI will always be there for me, as will Italy.
- What I’m Up to: lots of Peloton yoga and reading! Now that we don’t have to commute, we’ve been sleeping in an extra hour and a half and it’s so refreshing to feel well rested. We’ve also been making lots of coffee!!
- What I’m working on: planning our future trips 🙂 I have some MAJOR wanderlust being stuck inside all day. I’m re-planning our honeymoon to Italy so that it will be even more magical than I originally planned. I’m also having fun researching new places to visit around NYC we could take day trips to. I love exploring new places and I can’t wait until it’s safe to do so again.
- What I’m excited about: my busy season is over!! This week starts my reduced summer hours so I’ll have more time to practice yoga, read, and scroll Pinterest for travel inspiration 🙂
- What I’m watching/reading: I finally have new books to share with you all! I’m on a MAJOR reading kick and I read Little Fires Everywhere in about 2.5 weeks, it was so good! I haven’t read a book that fast in years, so that says a lot! I’m waiting for Jon to read the book so we can watch the show together next. I am currently reading Ask Again, Yes and I’m about halfway through and am enjoying it so far. I also really like the cover. As for shows, Jon and I are almost through Bosch on Amazon Prime – definitely check it out if you like cop shows! – we also have two seasons left of Parks and Rec. We have watched a little bit of Tiger King – but I wouldn’t say I it’s my favorite…
- What I’m listening to: nothing much
- What I’m doing this weekend: I ordered some organizing supplies for the closet/under the kitchen sink so hopefully that will get here this week and we can finally do some spring cleaning 😉
- What I’m looking forward to next month: I am hoping that the quarantine will be a little eased so that we can do something fun for Jon’s’ birthday at the end of June! I also bought a new hiking hydration backpack so hopefully I can put that to use and get some much needed fresh air and Vitamin D!
That’s all that’s up this month – hope you all have a great week!