Hi friends, happy Monday! It always seems like time flies by a lot faster at the end of the year, and September was no exception! We started the month with a relaxing weekend in Atlanta and then I spent the rest of the month working. Luckily I only had to work one weekend so I could do have the rest of the time to myself. It’s finally starting to cool down in the city and I’m looking forward to seeing the leaves change color in Central Park. I work a few blocks away, so a walk to the park will be the perfect lunch break. As you can see, I’m so excited for the fall and I can’t wait to share more on the blog.
On to my post 😀 I’ve been linking up with my first and favorite blogger I ever read, Shay Shull, for my What’s Up posts. Each month I’m answering the following questions:
- What I’m eating: I’ve been loving these petite cookies from Trader Joe’s! They’re not only cute, but taste kind of like the frosted animal crackers I ate as a kid so maybe there’s some nostalgia there 🙂 In case you missed it, I shared my favorite things from TJs along with some fall goodies in this post.
- What I’m reminiscing about: our trip to Scotland! I absolutely loved visiting Scotland. I loved being off the internet, spending quality time with Jon, and exploring a new place. When I’m in busy season I feel restricted from travelling, but my mind always wanders to past travels or daydreams about places I’d love to explore. Maybe one day I’ll be a successful travel blogger
- What I’m loving: my Halloween decorations! I’m not great at decorating unless it’s the holidays so my apartment looks pretty bare from the time we take down our Christmas tree (aka May) to September. The festive decorations make me so excited, it’s the little things for me
- What I’m dreading: I have two weeks left of busy season. Almost there!
- What I’m Up to: I’ve been working a lot and trying my best to explore on the weekends. Last weekend we got sushi and went golfing and had the best time.
- What I’m working on: planning my trip to Vermont! I’m so excited to get some R&R time after my busy season and get some fresh air. I’ve never been to Vermont and I’m so excited to see the fall foliage and visit a cider mill.
- What I’m excited about: my trip to Vermont! I love exploring new places and am currently working on finalizing our itinerary. There will be lots of coffee, hiking, fall foliage, and good food 🙂
- What I’m watching/reading: I’m about 40% of the way through Pillars of the Earth and I love it, but it’s about 1,000 pages! We have been watching This Is Us and The Good Place
- What I’m listening to: I’ve recently started listening to The Skinny Confidential podcast and have become obsessed! They talk about beauty, skincare, and interview a lot of entrepreneurs/bloggers and I find it so interesting
- What I’m doing this weekend: Jon and I are going back to Governor’s Island to finally get a part two of my post 🙂
- What I’m looking forward to next month: So many things!! I’m going to decorate for Christmas, we are heading to Chicago for a wedding, taking engagement pictures, and spending Thanksgiving with my family. It’ll be a busy month, but so great!